Here are a nice selection of photos (courtesy of the race organiser, Total Sport) from the Coastal Challenge 2013.
I had a good run. My first race of 2013, and a build up race for Tarawera Ultra in 3 weeks time. I ran with the lead pack through the first 10-15km, then eased off after that to save my legs for another day. Finished in 3.13, 6th in my AG, and 27th overall.
All in all a very very enjoyable run, and quite unlike anything I've done before. I highly recommend it for those who like to head off the road and have a real adventure.
![]() |
| Rescue boats at the start line in Arkles Bay |
![]() |
| Race briefing 7.15am |
![]() |
| Race briefing |
![]() |
| Lifeguards about to man the rescue boats |
![]() |
| The start at Arkles Bay |
![]() |
| A few seconds later |
![]() |
| A lone runner heading around the headland toward Stillwater |
![]() |
| Arkles Bay |
| On to the cliffs |
| Stillwater, with the Okura in the background |
| Midway through |
| Arkles Bay |








Wow Mark! what a run that was! Stunning!
ReplyDelete